Synopsis: Police Chief Superintendent (General) Binag is currently the Regional Director of Police Regional Office 6 (Western Visayas) and the former head of this Office. He is a certified Civil Service Career Executive and an international civil servant. His 34 exemplary years of devoted public service is a quintessence of a well-rounded and multifaceted military and police commander and executive who has excelled in the fields of public policy, strategy development and management, change management and advocacy, resource mobilization, human resource management and military and law enforcement operations. He is a recipient of various local and international awards, combat and service medals, including a gold cross medal for gallantry in action, United Nations Mission in Liberia Outstanding Leadership Awards, and numerous letters of commendation for his excellent military and police performance and civic accomplishments.
Highlights of Past Positions:
- Chief, Firearms and Explosives Office (FEO)
- Chief, Law Enforcement Division, Directorate for Operations (DO)
- Deputy and Acting Police Commissioner, United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL)
- Senior Executive Assistant to the Chief, PNP (SEA-CPNP)
- Chief of the Program Management Office (PMO), the forerunner unit primarily tasked to oversee the Integrated Transformation Program of the PNP, later upgraded to ITP-PGS.
- Commandant of Cadets, Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA)
- Chief, Motor Vehicle and Clearance Office, HPG
- Chief of Police, Kamuning Police Station (PS-10), QCPD, NCRPO
- Commander of Police and Constabulary Units, including an elite counter-terrorist Company of the then Philippine Constabulary Special Action Force. (PC-SAF)
- Member of the Board of Inquiry Operational Audit Team that investigated the infamous Mamasapano Incident.
Servant of God
- Chairman, Christian Officers Reform the Police Service (CORPS) Movement overseeing two flagship programs: Bless our Cops (BOC) and My Brothers Keeper (MBK)
- Product of Public School System: Pasig Central Elementary and Rizal High School
- Graduate of Philippine Military Academy Class of 1987
- Master in Development Management (MDM), Asian Institute of Management (AIM)
- Master in Public Administration (MPA), Harvard Kennedy School of Government and an Edward S. Mason Fellow in Public Policy and Management both in the USA.
- Recipient of various scholarship grants on international studies on policing, peace and security, and national development in prestigious Institutions and programs such as: Federal Bureau Investigation (FBI), International Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA), Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program (ATAP), all in the USA; United Kingdom Police College and University of Leicester, both in UK; Political Warfare Bureau in Chinese Taipei; and, National Police Agency of Japan in JICA Center, Tokyo, Japan.
- Past President, Table Tennis Association of the Philippines
- Past Member of the Philippine Olympic Committee
- Head of Philippine Delegation, 2009 Asian Youth Games
Married to Dr. Maria Agnes B. Binag and blessed with four sons: Zark, Cesar Hawthorne Jr., Czar Robert and Paul, and hails from Quezon City, Philippines. His solid career started in the Military Academy, but the foundation is anchored on his strong family background and on the teachings and life of Jesus Christ.